Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Patch 2008

We took our annual trek to the Pumpkin Patch Saturday morning.

And we're walking...we're walking.


Time for a photo shoot. Look to the right!

Great! Now look down and pretend that we aren't telling you to actually look at us and leave the pumpkins alone.

Super! Now we need you to smile! One out of two isn't too bad.


Now, switch places and smile! Emma, nice touch with the little squash! Sara, I love the way you've placed your finger on your chin. Very intellectual pose!

Okay! Let's add Daddy into the mix!

And switch! It's Mommy's turn! Sara, don't run off just yet!

Thank goodness that's over with! Now we get to selecting our pumpkin! How does this one look?

Emma likes this one because it has a long stem.

Sara is drawn to the one that weighs as much as she does.

And heave ho!

After we paid for our pumpkin, the teenager working the booth gave each of the girls a small pumpkin. Sara took it and then put it down. I guess she thought she was shoplifting. Emma was very taken with her little pumpkin though. If I get really adventurous, we might paint the little pumpkins later in the week.

Emma and I worked on drawing pumpkins when we got him. I tried to show her that she could take her basic Mickey drawing and turn it into a pumpkin. Her pumpkin is over her shoulder. It reminds me of an Indian but it was a great first try!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

How cute!! I love that everyone matches. The new background is really nice too!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures! They all look so great. And I just love the commentary underneath each one! :)

Love the background! Hope you don't mind, I just might copy you. :)

Anonymous said...

I changed my mind...I don't want to take away from your blog. I do like what you have do with it. :)