
We were invited to Uncle Brandon's birthday cookout a few weeks ago. The girls enjoyed playing with (or maybe it was more like around) Cooper. I'm not sure he enjoyed the attention he was getting from his oldest cousin!

This is not a political endorsement but I thought it was really funny! We got pads of paper from a candidate during the 4
th of July parade and Emma improved upon them. I thought they looked a little like that Andy Warhol print of Marilyn Monroe!

I finally broke down and gave Sara a trim before our church pictures were taken last Friday. Her hairstyle was starting to resemble Grandpa Munster. I trimmed a little over each ear and she looks like a new little lady!

One day while we were out in the "magic door" (our van) I mentioned the STOP signs in the parking lot at Kohl's. We talked about what color and shape they are and now Emma points them out where ever we go. I now have to be ready to hear Emma yell "Stop" from the back seat when she happens to see one...whether it is for the side of traffic we are on or not!

Sara and I went to a Pool Party on Tuesday....shhh...don't tell Emma! She was at school!
Yes, I took my camera. Yes, I changed the batteries before we left. And, yes, my camera wouldn't even turn on when we got there! How frustrating! I took a picture with my cellphone but I don't know how to transfer it to the computer. So...you get a picture of one of the
floaties and Sara's towel on the laundry room floor! Anyway...
Sara didn't mind wearing the
Nemo floaties (thanks Aunt Beth) but she did mind be anywhere other than right up against me in the pool. She did stand on the steps and splash a little but she wasn't interested in venturing anywhere by herself...except out of the pool, which she did once.
I'm hoping the girls will enjoy the zero entry pool at the Polynesian when we stay there next month. They also have a kiddie area with spray jets and a beach. Maybe they will come back as super swimmers!

Emma brought home one of her school papers that needed a little extra work. I thought she looked so scholarly sitting there with her orange crayon! I kept asking her if she would rather write with a pencil (the Kindergarten teacher in me is screaming "We write with pencils and color with crayons!") but she had to continue with the orange theme she started at school.

Sara is really into books now. Her favorites include
Biscuit and the Little Pup,
Five Little Pumpkins and
Cock-a-doodle-doo! Barnyard Hullabaloo. She likes pointing out the puppy, his ball and bone in the Biscuit book. She also loves the
Five Little Pumpkins so much that she insists on it being in her bed with her a nap and at night. Plus I love hearing her say "pun-kin."
2 comments:
Emma did a great job of improving Steve Meadows' fliers! He should hire her when he runs for office again. :)
Sara looks so precious reading her book. Don't you just love reading to your children?! It's exciting to see them become interested in the story and see the anticipation on their faces.
MOM SAYS IT APPEARS THAT EMMA HAS A LOT OF ARTISTIC TALENT. WHAT SHE IS DOING IS EXCEPTIONAL FOR HER AGE. SARA KNOWS A GOOD THING WHEN SHE SEES IT AND THAT IS MOMIE IN THE SWIMMING POOL. THE HAIR TRIM AGED HER-HA.
Post a Comment