Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Today was Emma's first day of preschool. We went to Open House last Thursday and met Emma's teacher, Ms. Louise. We also picked up all the various "parent info" sheets. Call me crazy, but I took a picture of all of it! I'm used to being the one getting all those papers together so I appreciate the work put into it all!


One of the papers was an "All About Me" sheet. It included questions about favorites, siblings, birthday, etc. Here are some of her more humorous answers:
Favorite game: golf
Favorite toys: screwdriver and hammer (no, we don't make her do carpentry in her spare time)
Favorite song: The Hot Dog Dance (from Mickey Mouse Club House)
Favorite book: Jesus

Here's our big girl posing with her Disney Princess backpack. You might recognize the princess on the middle right as our very own Princess Emma!

Emma had a tough weekend battling a cold. She got sick Friday night but has been recovering ever since. I didn't want her to miss the first day of school but I also didn't want her to get anyone else sick. So, yes fellow teachers, I was "that" mother who sent her child to school with a river of a runny nose! I talked it over with her teacher before I left her but if it's still the same on Thursday, she might have to miss school!

The runny nose explains the expression on Emma's face here. That is not a normal smile, but here is Emma and Ms. Louise. Ms. Louise is from England and I just love listening to her talk! I keep telling people that she reminds me of Mary Poppins. Hopefully she won't get the children interested in jumping into chimneys.

First Day Artwork!
Ms. Louise said she was impressed with Emma's coloring. I wasn't sure that this paper belonged to Emma because she never colors like this at home. Her coloring usually consists of a bunch of different colored rectangles all over the place. I kept making sure it was really her paper but you can see some of Emma's signature coloring to the left side of the apple.

We'll keep medicating Emma and, hopefully, she'll be able to go back to school on Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such memories!! When you look back when Emma's older you're going to be very thankful and happy you took all those pictures, despite the runny nose.

Emma might have a little bit of a British accent when she finishes Preschool. :) That will be so cute to hear! *sigh* I miss living in England and their wonderful accent.

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, how time flies! Emma looks beautiful, even if she didn't feel well. She is a princess and a career woman, I love it! LOL

Anonymous said...

susan,
thanks so much for your humorous and delightful tales about your daughters. I check in about every other day to get my new fix. Its hard to believe that Emma is going to preschool already!
You do good, girl.
A. Leveda