
Marcus decided to treat me to an extra special birthday this year. He made all the plans for a long weekend (Wednesday
through Sunday) at the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival. This year's theme is Fun in the Sun. I'm not much of a gardener but I was really inspired to come home and make our yard a real showplace. Now if I could just get the time and the talent to do it!

We stayed at the Polynesian, one of our favorite Disney resorts. When we checked in, the
cast member informed us that we had been given a complimentary "up-grade" to concierge!
Woohoo! That meant free food and drinks from 7am to 10pm! Let me tell you, we took advantage of that and I still have 5 pounds to show for it!

Here we are enjoying the view and the free food in the
concierge lounge! We ate a fortune in pineapple and caramel sauce! Yum!

Here is one of the many
topiaries that adorned EPCOT. Beyond the huge butterfly is the butterfly house. We didn't spend much time in there because it was packed with strollers.

Aren't these the cutest planters you've ever seen? If I could have found them, I would have bought a few. In England (I should say, in
EPCOT's version of England) they had these planters set throughout the English Garden behind the Tea Caddy store. We have really become interested in tea the last several years so seeing the different ingredients in their natural form was really neat. This is a picture of vanilla. Who knew it looked like that?
Okay...enough of Mommy and Daddy but we have plenty more pictures for those who are interested! Anyway...we'll get to pictures of the girls soon!
2 comments:
Yes, the pictures and stories are all well and good, but did you guys at least get to visit where Marcus and Jesus were born?
MOM SAYS "WOW, WHAT A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!" YOU BOTH DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE ROYALTY ANY TIME.
Post a Comment