One of the girls favorite things to do is painting with water. As you can see, Mommy is a little obsessive and makes them wear their bibs while doing it. They don't seem to mind wearing their "artist smocks" and it cuts down on my stain removal time!
Sara is doing very well holding the paint brush and not knocking out the 1/4 tsp of water that I put in her cup. She will suck all the water off the bristles of the brush, which I'm trying to get her to stop doing. This is the same child that will try to drink the bath water but that's a different story. She still moves her brush (or pencil, fork, etc.) from her left to right hands while she is using it so I'm still not sure if she's a lefty or a righty.
She loves water! One of her favorite things to do is stand on the kitchen stool and watch the water fill up the washing machine. Then she helps me put the clothes in and pushes them down with her pudgy little hands. So cute!
Emma really loves to do crafts and she loves "to make." When I ask her if she would like to help me "bake," I think she hears "make" instead. She will run to her room to get her "ribbon" (it's her apron but she won't call it that and corrects me if I call it an apron) and she says "I love to make!" She saw me making a cup of tea and ran to her room to get her "ribbon." Then we had to go through the hand washing and climbing on the kitchen stool ritual just so she could place my tea bag in the cup!
We were given a bunch of stickers last week and Emma had a great time sticking them to a little piece of paper. She said, "I'm making this for Daddy so he will be happy." How sweet! She carried it around all afternoon waiting for Marcus to come home. She was so proud of it! Daddy leaned it up against the salt and pepper shakers on the dining room table so they could look at it all during supper.

1 comment:
What do they paint with water? That sounds like my kind of painting...Let me know, I'm very interested. I feel like kind of a bad mommy since my children have never painted (at least not in my house!). And of course, any good mommy would put bibs on her children if they were painting!!!
Post a Comment