Wednesday, November 19, 2008

V is for...

VIRUS!

Marcus, Emma and Sara all started showing symptoms of a terrible stomach virus over last weekend. Sara started Friday night and Marcus and Emma joined in Sunday afternoon. The sick trio couldn't keep anything down and had no energy at all. We took the girls to the pediatrician Monday afternoon. They were all as pale as could be and poor Marcus had to man the bucket on the way to the doctors office. I'm surprised he didn't have to use it! Anyway...the nurses gave the girls some medication and started re-hydrating the girls. Emma did well but Sara ended up being admitted to the hospital Monday night for dehydration.

After the IV was inserted (a nightmare I never wish to revisit), Sara slept well and all her vital signs were normal throughout the night. Our pediatrician checked in on her Tuesday morning and said she's not sure what made everyone so sick but that if Sara kept some juice down, we could go home before lunch. We were discharged and Sara is doing really well! It's like she was never sick!

Marcus and Emma are still in need of some energy but are eating their bland food and sleeping well now too.

We are in the process of getting our house back to normal. I'm washing everything that will fit in the washing machine and dousing Lysol on everything else. I'll get back to blogging about our wonderful Disney trip soon!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I feel your pain! I'm happy to hear everyone's slowly getting back to their normal selves.

Lauren said...

So sorry to hear about that! Thank goodness Mommy didn't get sick. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

WE JUST KNOW THIS IS ALL OVER FOR THIS WINTER AND TRUST SUSAN WON'T HAVE THE STUFF. LOVE TO ALL-MOM-MAMA