Friday, August 15, 2008

Silly Sara's Growing Up!



For several months Marcus has hinted here and there that we needed to change Sara's crib into a toddler bed. To be perfectly honest...I wasn't in favor of this furniture switch-a-roo. First of all, changing the crib would be another visual reminder that my baby is growing up! Second, Mommy needs rest time just as much (if not more) than the girls do and I wasn't looking forward to using "my time" replacing Sara into her bed every three to five minutes . Selfish, I know...Well, Monday night we decided to bite the bullet and change the crib. We called Sara into her room to check out her new bed. Just as we thought she climbed in and seemed to love it! Just look at the joy on that little face!

Almost as soon as she was in the bed, she was out of it again...just as we had imagined...or feared depending on how you look at it. Anyway...
I took one more picture of Sara enjoying her bed before I went off to walk with a friend. Marcus was left in charge of changing clothes, brushing teeth and putting the girls in their beds. When I came home an hour later, Marcus said Sara had not gotten out of her bed at all!
What?
More than that, he said she hadn't moved since he put her in her bed and she hadn't gone to sleep either. I went in to check on her and she said "hello Bommy" (that's Mommy with a stopped up nose) even before my eyes had a chance to focus on her in the semi-dark. She was laying there, with her spine seemingly glued to the back of the toddler bed, with her huge blue eyes focusing on the fact that the bars that once contained her were now gone. She looked petrified yet cute at the same time! I asked her if she liked her new bed and she said yes. I asked her if she was ready to go to sleep and she said yes again. I gave her a kiss and a hug and left the room feeling so sorry for her! After I got out of the shower, we checked on her again and she was peacefully sleeping!

Like I said, that was Monday night and she still hasn't gotten out of her bed on her own. She stands up and calls out for Mommy or Daddy to come and get her after she gets up! It's like we have some invisible force field across the front of the toddler bed that Sara is afraid to come in contact with. I'm sure it won't be long now until she will be getting out of bed on her own!

I was trying to get a video of Sara singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" but while I was filming she wanted to look at the back of the camera so she could see herself. Looking at the video, I found it really funny! Hopefully, we'll get that song on film for everyone to see soon! Hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness!! Sara is becoming such a big girl! Boy, you're lucky on having an invisible force field!! I wish my boys had that one.

The video is so cute!!

It was good seeing you last night! Thank you so much for helping us out!! I look forward to seeing you more.