Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 3 on the Potty Training Trail


I have a super picture of Emma on her "Princess Potty," but after much thought I decided against posting it here. It's really cute though! You'll just have to imagine Emma sitting on her potty.

We've started potty training...again...and it seems to be going much better this round. Emma doesn't scream when you mention the word "panties" anymore! She's actually asking to wear her panties even when she's going to nap or to sleep for the night. We've had our share of accidents (and I know there will be more to come) but we've also made it to the potty on time and celebrated with clapping, M&M's, and stickers on the Princess Potty Chart. It's actually training the whole family! I'm hoping it will be easier for Sara since she's been watching and clapping with us!

Here are some of the conversations concerning the potty that we've had at our house during the last few weeks.

Trying to convince Emma that panties are a good thing.
Mommy: "Mommy likes panties. So does Grandma, Grana, Aunt Beth and Lolli."
Emma: "Does Uncle Brandon like panties too?"

Telling Mommy an accident has occurred.
Emma: "I have a problem with my panties!"

This conversation took place at the supper table. At this point in time, we were trying to get across the point that big girls don't wear diapers. Emma started making meow noises and then...
Emma: "I'm a kitty."
Daddy: "You're not a kitty. Kitties don't wear diapers."
Emma: "Kitties wear panties?"

Mommy: "Emma, do you need to go potty?"
Emma: "No thanks, Mommy. I'm too busy."

We'll keep moving down the Potty Training Trail in hopes of getting to the Diaper-free Depot soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the conversations! So cute!

Anonymous said...

THE TRAINING IS NOT SO FUNNY FOR DADDY AND MOMIE BUT THE BLOG IS A HOOT! LOVE-MAMA

Lauren said...

HAHA! So great! I love it.