Monday, March 31, 2008

The Story of the Grocery Cart and the Stroller

Once upon a time, two little girls wanted to play with the same grocery cart. They pushed and pulled the cart all over the kitchen while their mother tried to get Sunday lunch together.

Their mother decided to get out the play stroller (which had been taken out of the toy rotation a few months before because it became a bone of contention between the sisters, but that was before the grocery cart appeared at Christmas) to ease the tension before lunch. The older sister decided this was a good move and took Mickey for a ride...until she got bored with the whole thing and went to her room to read.

The younger sister noticed the abandoned stroller and decided she could push both the stroller and the grocery cart at the same time. If you've even been in the path of the younger sister and her grocery cart, then you know how well this whole thing worked out.

THE END

EPILOGUE
All of the work tired out the younger sister. She sat in her chair and read a coloring book for 1 hour and 7 minutes. No kidding! Her mother watched the clock and took a picture of this event because it was so unlike the younger sister. Those of you who witnessed the younger sister throwing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the singing video understand how out of character this truly is!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Too funny! I try the same thing at my house (bringing out another comparable toy when they are fighting over one), but that always seems to backfire because then they forget about the one they had and just start fighting over the new one!

And, wow! 1 hour and 7 minutes? That is a true miracle. Can you please tell me how you did that? I would pray for just half that time! Very cute story, glad to know I'm not the only one.

I'm also trying to 'mix-up' my recipe collection. Those same recipes are getting really old. I'll try to pass some of my new ones along and I'd love to hear more of yours too!

Gina Ferrara said...

Hey there, I'm part of Coop's fan club and wander to your blog from his. Where did you get that little table and chairs that your daughter is sitting at to read the coloring book?

We are looking for one of those.

Gina Ferrara
ginagibbsferrara@gmail.com