Monday, March 05, 2007

Updates!



We have another mobile child! Saturday night, I was busy getting the girls bath ready while Marcus was getting the girls ready...which means getting them undressed. Emma was running around the house squealing with the joy of being in just a diaper. Sara was waiting with Daddy in Emma's room when she spied something she wanted enough (an ABC 123 toy that lights up and plays music) to crawl toward. She's been stuck in "reverse" (getting herself stuck under her crib, Emma's crib, the coffee table, her exersaucer, the list goes on) for a few days so we were excited that she put herself in "drive." As Marcus said, it wasn't pretty but she got the job done. I know she will perfect her crawling in the days to come!



In Emma updates, she continues to love the Little Einstein's and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Her favorite things include being read to, reading to Sara, swinging, and singing along with Jack Hartmann's nursery rhyme CD. She picked up a little Bible book the other day and pointed to the cover and said "Jesus!" As Marcus said, "That is pretty cool." She also was able to identify almost all the items I put in our cart at Publix the other day. The people around us got to hear, "lettuce, cheese, yogurt, milk, cereal, Sara (the baby on the diaper package), apple, banana, Mickey (card aisle) and chocolate cake (as I sprinted down the cookie aisle...like she wouldn't notice what was on the shelves). Of course she doesn't pronounce all these words correctly but I can't figure out how to write the way she says these words, but it's really cute.

We better go. We have lots to do to get ready for our trip to Grana's house tomorrow!

PS I'm on the "new" blogger now Emily!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MOM THINKS THAT THE EXCITEMENT OF ALL THE GROWING UP ACTIONS (REACTIONS, TOO)IS JUST SO WONDERFUL AND YOU TWO HAVE TWICE THE JOY. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!