Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Carnival


We had our Fall Carnival at school yesterday. The girls dressed in their Halloween costumes (without their accessories) and modeled their outfits before we went into the building. Sara is Tinker Bell and Emma is Giselle, the princess from Enchanted. Grana worked tirelessly on their beautiful dresses!

I know the choice of tennis shoes and black leggings weren't the best look, but it worked best for school. I was a little worried that Sara might lift up her dress to show that her Tinker Bell dress matched her Tinker Bell panties.

I was able to snap a picture of Sara from my classroom while she was walking down the hall with her class. I wasn't able to go into the carnival area with the girls because I was with my class.

I know the girls had a great time at the carnival because they racked up with goodies! The carnival was held in the gym. There were tons of different games like the fishing pond, bean bag toss and even a little battery operated "roller coaster."

The costumes held up pretty well through the school day but they did get a few little "party fouls" on them so I decided to hand wash them so they would be ready for the Fall Festival at church on Saturday. As Sara and I were hand washing her Tinker Bell dress, we noticed that a few of her "jewels" had fallen off during the day. No biggie...until we saw a bunch of the jewels in the bottom of the sink! Each and every one of them fell off! We rescued them and left them to dry out on a towel.

Sara kept saying, "Oh, no! My buttons are falling off!" We're making a trip to Hobby Lobby this morning to find some super sticky jewel glue! I'm just amazed that there is no glue residue on her costume!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAMA AND PAPA ENJOYED THIS CARNIVAL SO VERY MUCH! THE GIRLS OUTFITS ARE ADORABLE AND YOU CAN TELL THEY WERE HAVING A BALL! THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

susan, thanks so much for all the pictures postings. Granna deserves a high five and an A+ for her costume construction. The sparkles falling off are just too funny. Your girls are so lovely and so lively. You do a good job!