Friday, June 26, 2009

Sara's Potty Party

Yes, you read that correctly. We had a potty party Wednesday night in honor of Sara!

We're not sure how it happened but we successful "diaper trained" Sara instead of potty training her. At 6am every morning, Sara would wake up and we put her in her Minnie Mouse or Daisy Duck panties. Every two hours or so we would sit her on her potty and hope (and silently pray) that something would happen. It never would. Lunch time would roll around and then nap time. I would put her in her diaper and put her in bed. About five minutes later I would hear, "Mommy. I go potty!"

We knew she could "hold it" and that she knew when it was ok to "go." So we decided to bite the bullet and go with panties full time (diapers only at night). Long story short, Sara finally used her potty on Wednesday afternoon! Yes, she was naked sitting on the potty on our backyard deck while playing in a bucket of water and she had held "it" for 9 hours ...but it happened! So I ran out and got cupcakes!

I'm planning on bravely venturing out for a quick, and I do mean quick, trip to Publix this morning while Sara is wearing panties. Pray the checkout lines are short!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAMA & PAPA ARE SO EXCITED!!! HOPE THE TRIP TO PUBLICS WAS SUCCESSFUL. MARCUS IS A PROUD FATHER AND HOPE HE GOT A CUP CAKE FOR SERVICE RENDERED AS WELL AS YOU AND EMMA! LOVELY PHOTOS

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Wow, Sara can hold it in for a long time. lol :) Happy to hear the potty party was a success. Hope the adventure to Publix went well.