Friday, December 14, 2007

Baby Bakers

Emma loves to cook! She loves watching Paula Deen and Rachael Ray so I knew she would really like to help bake Christmas cookies this year. I thought we would start out small and use some pre-packaged cookie dough. Emma was in charge of sprinkles!

I think she really enjoyed wearing Mommy's apron. Doesn't she look proud of herself?
Emma didn't like the fact the the cookies weren't done instantly. She got a little upset when they had to go in the oven. When they came out she said, "The cookies all better now?"
Sara thought the cookies needed a little more color but she was still able to eat it.
Emma enjoyed taste testing!
Later on in the afternoon, I got ambitious and let the girls help with the spritz cookies (the ones that go in a cookie gun). Sara looked on and helped us count the cups of sugar, flour and teaspoons of vanilla. Emma helped hold the mixer and was in charge of telling me when we needed more green food coloring to make the perfect Christmas trees.

Today I hope to tackle cowboy cookies!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Are these chefs available for hire?

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy!!